In today's business environment, in which direct, vertical chains of command have been replaced by team-based management and organizational hierarchies have been streamlined and flattened, more and more work is done collaboratively rather than individually. Thus, the ability of business professionals to work and communicate well with others is vital to both individual and organizational success.
This course teaches professionals at all levels in the workplace how to improve listening skills, communicate and collaborate with colleagues, correctly interpret nonverbal communication from others, and communicate effectively at meetings. The process of effective communication among work teams is explained clearly, and strategies for strengthening communication throughout organizations are taught.
Managers, Supervisors, Employees & HR Professionals
TIME TO COMPLETE
To teach business professionals how to communicate successfully in a team-based work environment.
After completing this course, the learner will be able to:
- identify the reasons why effective teamwork has become so important in today's workplace;
- recognize the four stages of team development and the activities that occur within each stage;
- define the types of conflict team members are prone to, identify the sources of such conflict, and manage and even benefit from conflict;
- identify and practice the habits of successful work teams;
- list and apply techniques for organizing effective team-based presentations;
- identify and practice proper listening skills that improve communications among team members;
- interpret nonverbal communication signals; and
- plan and conduct productive team meetings.
- Benefits of Teamwork within Organizations
- The Phases of Team Development
- Overcoming Conflict and Groupthink within Teams
- Identifying and Emulating Characteristics of Successful Teams
- Preparing and Delivering Effective Team Presentations
- Improving Listening Skills within Teams
- Interpreting Nonverbal Communication
- Planning and Conducting Productive Meetings
HR CERTIFICATION INSTITUTE
This program has been approved for 1.0 recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR, and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute. (The use of this official seal confirms that this Activity has met HR Certification Institute’s® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.)
SOCIETY FOR HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
The Human Equation is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. This program is valid for 1.0 PDCs for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit SHRM.