Conversations with many employees, managers, and supervisors reveal that sexual harassment occurs because many people in organizations still do not understand what it is. They do not always recognize sexual harassment in its subtle form-- or know what to do about it when they do see it.
This course provides employees with critical information on how to recognize and prevent sexual harassment in the workplace. The responsibilities of employees, supervisors, and employers are also addressed. Finally, this course offers sexual harassment scenarios worth consideration and case studies to reinforce learning.
TIME TO COMPLETE
To increase employee knowledge and awareness of behavior that constitutes sexual harassment.
After completing this course, the learner will be able to:
- recognize behaviors that constitute sexual harassment;
- differentiate between the facts and myths surrounding sexual harassment;
- discern questionable traits and behaviors among co-workers and ascertain when to report these incidents of questionable behavior;
- characterize the consequences of sexual harassment; and
- apply rules governing employee behavior and associate the appropriate employee responsibilities with these rules.
What is Sexual Harassment?
- Quid Pro Quo
- Hostile Work Environment
- Consequences of Sexual Harassment
Understanding Sexual Harassment
- Words and Behaviors
Preventing Sexual Harassment
- Recognizing Questionable Behavior
- Reporting Questionable Behavior
Sexual Harassment Policy
HR CERTIFICATION INSTITUTE
This program has been approved for 1.0 recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR, and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute. (The use of this official seal confirms that this Activity has met HR Certification Institute’s® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.)
SOCIETY FOR HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
The Human Equation is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. This program is valid for 1.0 PDCs for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit SHRM.